Sunday, March 3, 2013

Something like Mount Kimbie

Ever since I first discovered Mount Kimbie, the group who defined the Post Dubstep (whatever that means) genre, I've been determined to find a group with a similar sound. Finally, after years waiting to stumble upon something, I've finally found a group that sounds a lot like Mount Kimbie: Maribou State.

Maribou State's use of syncopated acoustic samples, warm, driving bass, and unintelligible vocal samples - treating the vocal track as if it's another percussive instrument - are all qualities I only find in my favorite electronic tracks, and if you're anything like me, you'll love their remix of Ultraista's "Gold Dayzz," posted below. Do yourself a favor and listen to the song with headphones or a decent sound system. If you try to listen on laptop speakers, or, dare I say, a cell phone speaker, you'll miss out of most of song and the melody.

No comments:

Post a Comment